Withdrawal of Election Notices of 2023-24
Dated: 24th August 2023
TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION
Subject: Withdrawal of Election Notice and all consequent notification in pursuant of
Trade Organization (Amendment) Act 2022 Read with SRO.1057(I)/2023 dated 08th August 2023.
The Election schedule for the Annual Election of the Pakistan Chemicals & Dyes Merchants Association was earlier notified vide circular no 01 dated 14th July 2023.
Recently, Ministry of Commerce, Government of Pakistan, issued a notification vide SRO1057(I)/2023 dated 08th August 2023 and aligned the trade organization rule 2013 with the amended section 11 of the Trade Organization Act, 2013, amended through Trade Organization (Amendment) Act, 2022.
In the wake of the above said amendments in terms of the tenure of the office bearers, as well as members of Executive Committee of the Trade Organization is deemed to be two years, with effect from 01-10-2022 to 30-09-2024.
The statutory provisions laid down in TOA (Amendment) Act, 2022 and TOR, 2013 preclude the Secretary General of the PCDMA and or the Election Commission PCDMA to conduct any pre-mature Election. Hence the Election Commission PCDMA has decided to withdraw the Election Circular 01 dated 14th July 2023 and all subsequent correspondence with regards to the Election 2023-2024.
ANNUAL ELECTION PROGRAM 2023-2024
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE AND OFFICE BEARERS, PCDMA
Circulation of Election Notice and Issuance of Provisional Voters list. Friday 14-07-2023
Last date of receiving changes (s) of names(s) of authorized Monday 17-07-2023
- Representative (s) etc., if any on the Provisional Voters list
- & Submission of required documents by Voters under objection
3. Display of revised Provisional Voter List. Wednesday 19-07-2023
4. LAST DATE OF Objection on revised Provisional Voter List. Monday 24-07-2023
05 The Secretary General will intimate action on the objection or Wednesday 26-07-2023
- Changes sent by the members.
06 Appeal against the decision of the Secretary General shall be Monday 31-07-2023
- referred to the Election Commission.
07 Election Commission will decide the dispute pertaining to the eligibility of a Thursday 03-08-2023
- member, aggrieved by the decision of the Secretary General. If aggrieved person
not satisfy by the Election Commission decision may appeal to DGTO, who will
decide the case within 10 days and his decision will be final in this regard.
8 Issuance of final Voter list Thursday 10-08-2023
9. Issuance of Nomination papers for election of the Executive Committee Members Monday 21-08-2023
10.Date for receiving Nomination papers till office hour Thursday 24-08-2023
Scrutiny & display of List of candidates by the Election Commission Saturday 26-08-2023
- & Copy of final Voter list to be provided to contestants
12 The Last Date of filling objection against the rejection and acceptance of nomination Tuesday 29-08-2023
- Objection if any, of the candidates whose nomination has been rejected
- Or accepted by the Election Commission will be heard from 02:00 pm –to 4:00 pm Thursday 31-08-2023
13 Decision of the Election Commission on objections. If aggrieved Saturday 02-09-2023
- person not satisfied, he may apply to DGTO, who will decide in 7 days.
14 Circulation of Agenda Notice for the Annual General Body Meeting Saturday 09-09-2023
15 A Candidate can withdraw his nomination latest by Tuesday 12-09-2023
- upto 4:00 p.m. after this date name of candidate will appear on the
- ballot paper even if he send letter of withdrawal to Election Commission
16 Display of Final List of Candidates Friday 15-09-2023
17 Election of the Executive Committee Members Monday 18-09-2023
18 Issuance & receiving of nominations for office bearers & one reserved Wednesday 20-09-2023
- seat for women to Election Commission till office timing.
19 Securitization and display of list of candidates by the Election Commission Friday 22-09-2023
20 Election of the Office Bearers & one reserved seat for women at 11:30 a.m. Monday 25-09-2023
21 Holding of Annual General Body Meeting (AGM) at 3:30 p.m. Saturday 30-09-2023
Approved by the Executive Committee, (PCDMA)